It’s come to my attention that the Ditmar Awards ballot has been announced. Here’s the Best Novella / Novelette category:
- “All the Colours of the Tomato”, Simon Petrie, in Dimension6 9.
- “By the Laws of Crab and Woman”, Jason Fischer, in Review of Australian Fiction, Vol 17, Issue 6.
- “Did We Break the End of the World?”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Defying Doomsday, Twelfth Planet Press.
- “Finnegan’s Field”, Angela Slatter, in Tor.com.
- “Glass Slipper Scandal”, Tansy Rayner Roberts, in Sheep Might Fly.
- “Going Viral”, Thoraiya Dyer, in Dimension6 8.
(As a side note, all but one of these stories are also vying for an Aurealis Award.)
It’s great, also, to see Adam Browne’s wonderful artwork for The Tame Animals of Saturn in the running for Best Artwork, and elsewhere there’s a heavy presence of other CSFG members and appearances by talented friends such as Edwina Harvey. I wish everyone the best of luck.